Frequently Asked Questions about Licensing

Where can I go to find out more information about Child Care Licensing and the Regulations?

First you must determine what Health Authority you are in and direct your questions to the Licensing Office in your area. The following is a list of the Health Authority websites from the Government of BC Health Services. Health Authorities are regional. Each region operates under the same Community Care Facilities Regulation, but different Health Authorities may have differing policies and differences in implementation.

Ministry of Health, Health Authorities page:

All general licensing inquiries: 1-877-980-5118

The Interior Health website is a useful resource for all, regardless of whether you are in the Interior Health region or not. Go to the “Health and Safety” section, then to “Child Care.” You can now file incident reports on line, apply for an exemption, apply for a license, make a complaint, access the news letter and connect to other links.

If after browsing through these sites you have not found the information you are looking for, the Vancouver Island Health Authority has a series of useful topical information sheets (PDF format) on its website.